Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ridley Lent Book

I was wandering around Cambridge yesterday afternoon, and nipped into the SPCK Christian bookshop. It was quite strange to see a book for sale on their shelves knowing that I had written a little bit of it - there's a 1st for everything (and probably a last)! It's a series of daily bible readings and short reflections for Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday, written by Ridley staff and students, that journey through Luke's gospel from when Jesus' 'face was set toward Jerusalem' in ch 9 until the resurrection. Ridley has been producing these types of lent reflection books for a few years now, and they seem to be very popular with sales increasing each year - and as one of the author's I especially commend this 1! For details of how to obtain a copy and more detail about the Ridley Lent book project click here (it is based on Luke not Mark as the website mistakenly states), or contact me via a comment on this blog, or you might even spot the book in your local Christian bookshop.

Now, especially in the light of my previous blog entry, time for some essay writing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Blog, Adrian Smith sent me the link to your site. Your Lent book looks good.

I will look out for a copy.

Anderson

Simon said...

Thanks Anderson. Hope you get hold of a copy ok via a shop / or Ridley website (let me know if not - I'll try and arrange to get 1 to you), and find it helpful. Let me know what you think of it.