Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Countries I've visited



create your own visited countries map

Found this through Ellen's blog. For a geek like me who likes travelling and looking at maps etc. it's quite cool being able to see where I have visited like this. Really does make me realise how vast the world is and how much more I want to see. I actually thought of myself as fairly well travelled until seeing it like this! What makes it worse is the fact that it just shows the whole of countries visited in red - not just the bits visited, so I haven't even covered most of the red bits! So much more I would like to see - but at the same time this is a reminder to be grateful for the amazingness of what I have seen.

*I notice when I post this it chops off the right hand side and i can't work out how to rectify that - but other than the rest of India, China which was only red because I've been to Hong Kong, and also Taiwan, it doesn't miss anywhere else I've been.*

3 comments:

Marcus said...

Great link Simon - might get one of those up on my blog in the next couple of days!

Kristin Ross said...

Hi Si, I swipped your map thing! Hope you don't mind ;-)
How are things? I hope all is well and job avoidance is going ok!! hehe
Met up with David last night just the 2 of us for drinks - we had a grand chat. Take care xx

Ellen Loudon said...

wow...at least you haven't bunched like I have!