Saturday, December 30, 2006

Comedy Classic

Enjoyed watching a look back at Spitting Image on TV last night. Took me back to my childhood days of sneeking into my brothers room to watch it on his black and white portable knowing that my parents probably wouldn't have approved of me watching it in the sitting room! When I first started doing that I probably didn't get half of it, but it was a cool thing to be able to say I'd been watching it - sure I'm not the only one who did that kind of thing with TV programmes as a kid! Anyway this look back reminded me of how funny it really was. 1 interesting thing was that I hadn't realised how many people who are very famous for other things now were involved in it - Steve Coogan, Harry Enfield, Alistair McGowan, Ian Hislop to name a few, but really surprising was that Rob Grant and Doug Naylor were involved as well, and responsible for writing the infamous chicken song (click to listen and watch the video - if you can bear it)! They went on to write the Red Dwarf TV series and books - 1 of my all time favourites.

ps Liverpool have just snook a 1-0 win away at Spurs which is a really good result. Good end to an up and down year for the red men.

No comments: