Friday, December 22, 2006

Essay woes...

Why do I always seem to manage to use 10 words to say something when 1 or 2 would probably do the job just as well?!! I've just finished a 1st draft of an essay a few days later than planned. It has been very interesting and challenging reading and writing about the characteristics of, and the challenges facing, Britain's Muslim community. The problem is I've got to write it in an absolute maximum of 3000 words - my draft has come out at 4,700! I always seem to have problems keeping to the imposed word limits, but even by my standards this one is bad - it's going to be a major job to edit and tidy it up. Ah well - at midnight on a Friday night that worry is for another time.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You are not alone, Simon! Wish that I had got to that stage with Essay 2 (or even 3) then losing those words would be easy. I'll edit your essay if you write mine!! Only joking...
Have a great Christmas (and put the essays to one side for a couple of days).
Mouse

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. My ethics one was about 4,500 on first draft. It's now down to 3,000 but feels like a noddy version. Oh well, if that's what they want. Have a great Christmas.

Simon said...

Thanks for the support guys! Mouse - if you want to edit my essay without me writing yours the offer is always there...I thought not! I'm sure I'll get there.
All the best for Christmas to you both!