Saturday, December 23, 2006

5 things you probably didn't know about me

I've been tagged! This idea that you put 5 of the more unusual / less well known facts about yourself on your blog and then 'tag' 5 other people to do the same has been doing the 'blog round' for a while now - I've enjoyed reading other people's without ever expecting anyone to tag me! (Thanks Mel!) So here's my 5:

1) I'm training to be a vicar, my Dad is a vicar, my Grandfather was a vicar (he actually died in his 80's following a heart attack suffered while pronouncing the blessing at the end of a service) , my great and great great Grandfathers were both Methodist ministers! With that line behind me doing what I'm doing now was not my original plan - if you'd said it to me 11/12 years ago I'd have laughed and denied it vehemently!
2) My jaws don't line up properly - when I was born I had to be tube fed because of it. Still affects my speech to a certain extent today.
3) I love music and my lifelong dream has been to be able to play guitar. I've tried to learn so many times and just can't do it - just not musical and no sense of rhythm (can't even sing and clap in time at the same time!) When I was a teenager my best friends had a band - I was their number 1 groupie and so wanted to be able to play with them. We were really into very heavy metal and when I was 17/18 I grew my hair long and had a pony tail! Even now I watch the many talented guitarists at Ridley wishing I could join them!
4) I love Ireland. Lisa is Irish, my Dad is Irish, and pretty much all of my summer holidays have been spent over there. Even thought about looking at going through the selection process to train to be a vicar in the Church of Ireland rather than over here at 1 point. Despite having travelled a fair bit, my favourite spot in the world is sitting on the rocks with the waters of the Atlantic lapping at my feet, looking out at the islands, at the back of a little harbour over the road from my Grandparents house on the Atlantic coast of the south-west corner of Ireland.
5) Many Christians over the last number of years have asked where / how I met Lisa, seemingly expecting me to say something like church, Uni Christian Union, etc. etc. But we first met at our University student union's Friday night 'bop'!

I'm going to tag: Rich (as his wife tagged me!), Ellen, Mouse, Simon H & Harry

No comments: