Friday, March 09, 2007

Life after Ridley

Had a sharp reminder yesterday that there is life after Ridley. I'm generally enjoying my time here, but it is a bit of a unique and slightly unreal time being in a theological college community - and its good to remember that there is life beyond it, I am where I am for a purpose! The reminder was in the shape of a form in my college pigeon hole that I've got to fill in and give back to the college to then go off to various important people like Bishops and so on who are going to be involved in sorting out where Lisa and I go next for me to be a curate. I have to tick various boxes to say what sort of place and what type of church we would like to go to. It always surprises me how many different types / categories of churches there are within the Church of England - and looking down the list on the form I need to find out what half of the categories on it actually mean before I prioritise which ones I would like to consider going to! When I give it back in I've got to attach my 'CV' as well - that should be fun, I've managed to avoid doing one of those since I had to do it as an exercise at school in what I think they now call 'Personal and Social Education' or something like that! Any tips on what sort of stuff to include and more cruciallly how to lay it out would be most welcome.

4 comments:

Kristin Ross said...

Hey Si, I've never seen a vicar's CV b4 but if u'd like me 2 have a look @ ur CV @ some stage then feel free 2 send it on 2 my email and I'll give u my opinion! love from ur recruitment consultant cousin! x

Kristin Ross said...

Just saw ur comment on my blog abt u 2 coming over end of July n having a week in Schull in Aug. I think ur coming over during Calves week which means I shld b down w all my friends (it's the regatta week!) If so then we'll all b in Schull at th same time! :-)

Kristin Ross said...

Hi Simon, yeah I'm on Skype but haven't been using it recently as we don't have broadband in the house YET! You'll find me either under dizzykrissy or kristinross.

Anonymous said...

Simon --get a posting in St Anns Dawson St..

Else- I could check on the Tir Chonaill requirements if you both would like a more rural setting..

Oiche Mhaithe to All.