Friday, March 23, 2007

End of term but work to be done...

So there ends another term at Ridley - suddenly hit me yesterday that that's now 5 terms down 4 to go, more than 1/2 way through and as mentioned in a previous post starting to think seriously and fill forms in about where Lisa and I move on to next. Does the speed at which time seems to pass scare anyone else?

Got a lot of work to get done over these holidays. 4 essays of 3000 words each and a 10,000 word portfolio made up of 3 bits of work are all due to be submitted 2 weeks into next term. Then 3 weeks after that I've got exams. So at the moment it feels like I'm facing something of an uphill struggle! Quite conscious that I feel like I'm moaning a bit too much to people about having all this to do though, and was thinking about this when I came across the following on the cartoon church blog:

cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker. Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.

Helps me put things in perspective - when I've got lots of work on like this and exams and things coming up I always worry and feel like things are going to be really bad, but just like in the cartoon getting to the finishing point is normally not as tough as I imagine it to be. These next couple of months will be something of a struggle but I bet they won't be as bad as I think they will be in my lower moments! I need to keep that perspective on it all - so please shout at me if you hear / read me moaning too much, whether on the blog or in person!!

Anyway on that note I'm going too forget about it all for the rest of today and go to see Hot Fuzz with Lisa. Been wanting to see it since it came out and not had chance yet. Will follow it with some nice grub in town somewhere - probably a Japanese noodle place I've enjoyed before.

No comments: