Thursday, March 01, 2007

Care for creation...

…there’s no need for the church of Jesus Christ to be wasting its time gullibly falling for all of this global warming hocus-pocus. We need to give our total focus to the business of reaching this world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and stop running down meaningless rabbit trails that get our focus off of our heavenly purpose.

says Jerry Falwell a nationally recognised Christian minister and TV show host in the US. Picked up on this via Cartoon Church and Ellen's blog. Click here to read the full script of what he said. It reminds me of a sermon I heard not too long ago at a church I was visiting where the preacher basically said that worrying about the environment is a bit of a waste time as God will end the world according to his own timetable / plan anyway. This kind of thing really worries me because to my mind it is so anti what the Bible says about the created world and our responsibility. I really like the email that Ellen has sent off to Rev Falwell (see here) and will be interested to hear if he replies, and if so how.

**Update**
No reply from Jerry to Ellen as yet.

2 comments:

Ellen Loudon said...

Thanks Simon. I will keep you posted about Jerry - I think he is tucked up in bed at the moment. I am sure my email will be the first thing he reads when he wakes up and I await a prompt reply! xxx

Ellen Loudon said...

no word from Jerry yet!