Monday, July 02, 2007

Personality change...

While waiting for the ordination service to start at St. Paul's on Saturday (see entry below) I couldn't help but overhear the conversation going on between the people I was sat next to. They were talking about their friend who they were there to support in his ordination, and saying how hard the whole process of going for ordination had been on him and his wife. They were saying how much more relaxed he used to be, how they used to be able to have more of a laugh and a joke with him but recently he had become more serious and tended to have a really browbeaten look about him.

This process has been a challenging time for me and especially for Lisa, but at the same time much of it has been very enjoyable and a pleasure, we've met great people and made new friendships, and I do feel that it is definitely where God has called us. If people do notice any changes in my character for the worse - please warn me and tell me to get a grip, rather than sitting and chatting about me to each other!!! I found myself feeling really sorry for the guy these people were talking about and wanted to ask them if they had talked to him about it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a grip

Andrew Mumford said...

to save your paranoia that was from me simon by the way

Anonymous said...

well if he went to ridley its hardly surprising is it? That place needs a Government health warning...

After just three weeks of good hard work in a curacy every1 says I've lost the 'terminal illness' look and am even remembering how to smile again...

Simon said...

The guy in question didn't go to Ridley. But glad that it sounds like your curacy is treating you well! Would love to know who I'm saying this to by the way!!