Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blood Brothers and The Natural History Museum

Just had a really enjoyable weekend. Instead of getting each other birthday presents Lisa and I had booked a deal on lastminute.com to go and see the musical 'Blood Brothers' and stay in a Holiday Inn near Hyde Park. Blood Brothers was absolutely brilliant and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Very moving and funny at the same time throughout - and brilliantly performed by the cast (not that I'm any great drama / musical critic though!). Would definitely go and see it again. The story is based in Liverpool, and bits of the humour in it were quite scouse - and Lisa and I noticed part way through that there were a lot of foreign tourists around us who didn't seem to always pick it up, we were aware all of a sudden that we were laughing very loudly at certain points and no-one else around us was! Had some nice Tex-Mex food afterwards near Leicester Square.

Then on Saturday, because of where our hotel was we decided to take the chance to visit the Natural History Musuem:

This place is absolutely massive - you need a week to do it justice. I'd been hoping to nip into the Science Museum next door as well, but there was just too much! Will definitely have to pay a few more visits to those 2 museums before we head back up north. Very impressive - especially as they are free!

5 comments:

Simon said...

If anyone reading this can translate Portuguese into English I'd be interested to know what the above comment says!!

Kristin Ross said...

Hi Simon,

my basic understanding oh this guy's comment is that first off he thinks your blog is interesting. He then says that if you have time please go and see his blog. He does personalized T-Shirts and in the blog he shows how to create them step by step.

Sorry I'm not exactly fluent in portuguese!

Marcus said...

South Kensington is my old stomping ground... I was there every week day for 9 years... and I still never did justice to the museums!

The Portuguese comment is a spam and needs to be deleted!!

Simon said...

Deleted the comment now - thanks Marcus and Kristin.

Very impressed by your translation attempt Kristin - before I saw your comment I'd asked the vicar I worked with in Brazil to translate it for me and according to what he said you've got it spot on. Jealous of the language skills of you Rosses sometimes!

Kristin Ross said...

Hey glad I could help :-)
Not long to go now 'til we're all in Schull! I'll be driving down on Fri 3rd Aug & back up on Sun 12th. Then I'm back down on Sat 18th & Sun 19th with a stop over in Cork on Fri 17th where I'll meet Mum & the bros before we pick Dad up from the airport on Sat!