Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Degree mark...

To follow on from yesterdays post, I got the sheet with my exact breakdown of marks today. To replicate exactly what the bottom line of the sheet said:

Overall result = 2:1 (just!)

'Just!' - my feelings at the moment are who cares!! A 2:1 is a 2:1, I wasn't expecting it and I'm really chuffed - irrespective of how close a call it was!! It's been one of those occasions in my life where I've kind of hoped for something without really thinking it would happen and whereas most times I've been proved right and whatever I'd hoped for didn't happen, this has turned out to be 1 of the few times that trend has been bucked (funnily enough 1 of the other 'few' was my first degree, hmmm...maybe there's something I could learn from this!).

The individual breakdown of marks made for interesting reading - very surprised at some of the area's that came out better than others etc. The most disappointing thing was getting an embarrasingly low mark (my lowest mark of my two years here) in what has been both the best taught / supervised and my favourite course. But at the end of the day I didn't think I would get the 2:1, and after what has been a really hard slog, especially for the last couple of months, I'm really happy!!

7 comments:

Ellen Loudon said...

well done!!! What a result. Have a nice pint of beer and chill out. You deserve it...what's next?

Mel said...

Well done Si!! All that hard work in Ridley library paid off. All the more to celebrate on our night out in Cambridge next week. Yay!

Loobylou! said...

Hope you let your hair down in tonight's celebrations - both of you! xx

David & Sarah said...

Hi Simon

That really is excellent news - well done - Sarah and I are very pleased for you. We know a lot of hard work has gone in to that result.

Kristin Ross said...

sending congrats from Singapore - well done you, great result :-)

Andrew Mumford said...

you did OK simmy

Rich Burley said...

Well done mate!