Sunday, October 07, 2007

Homeward bound...

Great to be in a postion to say for definite that we will be heading back to Liverpool in June when I finish at Ridley. It was what we had hoped for all along, but it's good to have it finalised - see it here in black and white! It was agreed at the church's PCC meeting on Weds evening, but I've waited until now to mention it on here as it was announced in the church services this morning. Really pleased as well that it is Crosby we are going to. I feel like I'm heading back to my roots in some ways - it's just a few miles from where I grew up in north Liverpool, and I had plenty of visits to the marina and beach there as a child / teenager. The funny thing about it is that it is St Luke's church where my Dad was a curate in the early 70's - he left there in 1974 2 years before I was born; and also my brother was the news editor, until about 2 years ago, of the Crosby Herald - the local weekly newspaper. There is lots going on at the church (checkout the website: http://www.stlukecrosby.org.uk/), and we've really enjoyed the welcome we've received on our visits there. It's going to be a really exciting place for Lisa and I to be based, and it will provide great training opportunities for me. The trick now will be to keep some focus on / motivation for (and enjoy!) my studies and the rest of our time at Ridley!

1 comment:

Ellen Loudon said...

congratulations. xxx