Monday, September 03, 2007

Top of the league!!!

Barclays Premier League Table
02 September 2007 17:59
1 Liverpool
2 Arsenal
3 Everton
4 Chelsea

In the football entry below I said Liverpool needed to keep things going starting with Saturday's match against Derby County. Well we certainly did that! As the above shows Liverpool are currently sitting pretty at the top of the premier league following the finish of the last round of league matches yesterday evening. We went to top spot on Saturday after the 6-o thumping we gave Derby, and I was shocked to see it was the 1st time for 5 years that we have actually been in 1st place at any point of a season. Was fully expecting to see us drop down to 2nd yesterday with Chelsea set to go top if they beat or drew with Aston Villa (though they have played a game more than Liverpool), and so was delighted to hear that Villa actually beat Chelsea - great result!! No premier league matches for 2 weeks now though due to internationals - means I get to see Liverpool's name at the top of the league for at least 2 weeks! Bit of a pain though because I'd like us to be playing our matches while we're in such good form, rather than seeing all our players go off to different corners of the globe to play for their countries. Really hoping that none get injured. But for now I'm just going to savour that premier league table. Keep it up redmen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey SI,
I know you like the footy and all, but why don't you put your mind to rugby for a bit and log onto

http://irishtimesrugby.fantasyleague.com

If you send me "benjaminross@libertysurf.fr" your e-mail (because the one I have is out of date) I can send you an explanation of the game. I've created a league and I want you to be in it (DAN, David and I have a team, and i'm waiting for many more :)

Ben (little cos)