Monday, September 03, 2007

Nathaniel's baptism

Just enjoyed a great though full and hectic weekend up in the northwest! It was great to be able to catch up with various family and friends in different places, and especially to be able to celebrate our nephew Nathaniel's baptism and be a godfather for the 2nd time - it's a real privilege! It was also really nice as godfather and uncle to be able to lead the prayers for Nathaniel and others as part of the service, and the service seemed to go really well. The church was packed! Anyway here's a photo of me with my godson / nephew:

After the baptism we went to meet a vicar for an initial chat about a possible curacy for next summer which I felt went well, so we'll just have to see how things develop over the next few weeks. We went to the evening service at church as well before heading back down the M6 and A14. Late arrival home and Lisa and I both pretty tired, but worth it. I'm still on holiday fortunately so plenty of time to recover this week - but I did feel sorry for Lisa getting up and going into work for the start of the new term this morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sorry enough to get up and make me a coffee though!!!

Loobylou! said...

Nice message Lis!!! What a lovely review of the day Si-thank you! Kev and I were really thrilled with it all and very grateful to all our wonderful family and friends for making it such a successful and memorable day... same time next year for baby Hay the 2nd?!...

Anonymous said...

yeah dude