Friday, February 01, 2008

6 Nations Kick Off...

Off to the back of beyond (somewhere on the Norfolk / Suffolk borders) later today for the annual Ridley Hall prayer 'retreat' weekend, and while I'm looking forward to a change of scene and some 'quiet' time I must admit I'm already trying to work out how I can factor in TV access to see tomorrow's Rugby 6 Nations kick off with England playing Wales and Ireland taking on Italy! Will be interesting to see whether England's run to the World Cup final was a sign of good things to come or whether they'll come back down to earth with a bump, and similarly whether Ireland's disastrous time in the W.C. was just a blip that they can put behind them in this 6 Nations. As ever my loyalties are torn between the 2 countries and I'd like nothing more than to see England and Ireland taking the tournament by storm and being the 2 left fighting for the crown at the death - destroying France along the way! Ok, ok, dreaming maybe...but you never know!

Liverpool also happen to be playing Sunderland tomorrow. Surely that's 1 the Reds can wn at least?! Not blogged about Liverpool much recently - a combination of the general mess the club seems to be in with all the gossip and rubbish flying about regarding the owners and Rafa's job as manager just doesn't fit with the Liverpool FC I know and love! Combine that with the atrocious playing form of the team at the moment, and it's just all far too depressing for me. So that's enough about that!

No comments: