Saturday, November 25, 2006

My fun Saturday...

Fun way to spend a Saturday - in the study trying pretty unsuccesfully to get some work done on an Islam essay! Knowing that that was what I was facing this morning when I got up, I hoped to be greeted and sent on my way cheered up by some better news of the cricket as I logged on to check the latest happenings. Couldn't have been further from the truth! England are getting absolutely tonked - nothing more to say on that!

Then, as I struggled manfully on with the essay I thought lets enjoy a bit of the rugby union commentary quietly in the background. Snook the win last week against a pretty poor looking South Africa team, hopefully England would continue to build on that and start to finally show a bit of form - WRONG AGAIN! Woeful performance against a still not too good sounding SA team - surely something has got to change in the England setup?!

Fortunately, there was some good news to follow when I heard the footy scores at 5pm - Liverpool had snook a 1-0 win at home to Man City. Hardly covering themselves in glory, but a wins a win. Thank you Stevie G for avoiding letting me slip into complete despair:



Now back to the essay for a short while, before hopefully going to see the new Bond film this evening (will let people know what I think of it when I get a chance).

No comments: